Friday, May 13, 2011

A wet spring

SO much rain...

One field by our lane has been planted and the farmers in the area are scrambling around between thunderstorms trying to get a crop in.

Our garden and field are both way too wet to work yet. I did a couple passes with the till a couple weeks ago but had to stop because it was too wet then. It has rained all but a couple widely spaced days since. The till broke something when I was doing a run on Saturday. It is stuck in gear and the tines spin freely without power.

I have been able to mow part of the yard but some of it is closing in on a foot tall. I bagged alot of it and started mulching the garden. Maybe we will have to try Ruth Stouts "no work garden" method this year. If we can't get it tilled I will just mulch the whole thing and pull back the mulch to plant.

Haven't figured out what to do about the field garden yet. If it doesn't dry out soon we may just have to forget it.

Still clinging to my God and my guns,
Randy

No comments: