I didn't get very far.
Maybe my mistake was reading the for word where Ms. Rand lays out her militant anti Christian beliefs.
That kind of ruined the rest of the book for me.
Time .com has a great article by Amy Sullivan, called
"An Atheist Icon? Social Conservatives Worried About GOP Ayn Rand Resurgence"
In this article she tells us about what our GOP leaders think of this prominent atheist.
- - Paul Ryan says Ayn Rand is the reason he entered politics and he requires all staff and interns to read her books. Says Ryan: "Ayn Rand more than anyone else did a fantastic job of explaining the morality of capitalism, the morality of individualism."
- - Clarence Thomas requires his law clerks to watch The Fountainhead, and has said "I tend really to be partial to Ayn Rand."
- - Sen. Ron Johnson, Ryan's GOP colleague from Wisconsin, calls Atlas Shrugged his "foundational book."
- - Rush Limbaugh calls Ayn Rand "the brilliant writer and novelist."
- - Fox News repeatedly promoted the recently released movie version of Atlas Shrugged, airing the trailer on several shows and interviewing cast members.
Chuck Colson has a little to say also. Here is his two minute warning video warning.
Then here is his Break Point commentary. Called "Shrug it off"
We have to be diligent to study what our leaders are actually saying when they come to power.
We can't get caught up in backing a party candidate blindly just because he or she has declared themselves red or blue.
Please read the links (they are short)
Still clinging to my God and my guns,